Sunday, April 27, 2008

Global Control

Isn't global warming great? Yesterday I got in my car, and this is what I saw. This was April 26th, and yes, that is snow on my windshield. As you can see, this wonderful spring day wasn't like normal spring days, nope, it came with cold
and snow. I personally love snow, just not in
April, especially late April. Isn't the saying "April showers bring May flowers"?






A couple weeks ago I looked out the window and saw this. Another beautiful snowy April day. Now, from what I am told, "The Debate is Over", right Al? I couldn't agree more. The climate is continually changing, and we really have very little ability to control it. We are supposed to be warming the earth each year, but this year seams to be a bit different. If it is us causing global warming, how was the earth able to fight back this year? You got me, maybe it is bigger and more powerful than us little humans? Now back to the title of this post "Global Control". Yep, I think that is more what it is about. What light bulbs I can buy and what cars I can drive. Not to mention what fuel I can put in my car because we will not explore and drill for more oil. If you do not want to use oil, how about nuclear. Oh yeah, that is right, we can't build that either. It would be better if we grew corn and put it in our fuel tanks. Now that makes sense. Ethanol from corn uses a bigger footprint, and takes more energy to extract. But hey, it is renewable, isn't that was this is all about? Obviously not viable common sense solutions. Don't get me wrong, if someone has a great idea to remove us from our dependency on oil, I'm all over. But the reason alternatives have not caught on is, they do not work and they are not as efficient as oil. Sucks, but it is the truth. Now please, please please quit screwing with the system and let farmers grow corn to eat so I can quit paying $4.00 a gallon for milk. I would appreciate it.

Have a good one,

-JbJ

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Its not Global warming... it Global climate change. Sheesh.

Keith K. said...

We have consensus damn you! Stop rocking the boat!

Jim said...

I have compared my reality with your consensus, and something doesn't add up.

Keith K. said...

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Keith K. said...

Your readers demand more content!