Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Flight Chronicles

Hey all,

So I got my self a new toy. I have wanted one of these since I was 10, maybe even younger. Problem was, they have always been very expensive. Well, that has all changed, they are now only a $100.00. So, I decided it was time. Well, my RC helicopter arrived over a week ago and I have been practicing my crashing ever since. So far I have only wrecked the landing gear and swash plate. Turns out the higher you start to fly, the greater the consequences. Yes, this is obvious, but sometimes reality doesn't kick in until you have actually broken something.

The helicopter I went with was the Honeybee mark 3. In the beginning it proved very challenging to place controlled distance between the copter and the ground, but finally, I have started to be able to hover with out a crash for up to 30 seconds. I will start to take video of my progress so that you, the reader can enjoy the experience as if you were there. Aren't you excited? Thought so.

Till later,

-JbJ

2 comments:

Keith K. said...

Heck yeah! Post videos!

Jim said...

Videos to come. Need to get flight unit back in to flying condition.