Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Flight Chronicles - Forward Flight (Part Deux)

O.K. Forget that last forward flight post. I fixed 'er up and took 'er out tonight for a little fly time. Yeah, I know I said I was going to work towards nose in hover, but I really could not resist a little try. I did a little forward flight, left to right and right to left. Man it was cool. I hit the shepherds hook, the stairs, the tree, the swing, and the steps. None of them were small collisions at all, but damn it was cool. I definitely need a new set of landing gear now. I might as well pick up a main gear too. I have a few sections where the teeth are not going to last much longer. I think it may be time to graduate to a little bigger field. One with less obstacles. Even though it is a chopper, it would be nice to have some recover room. Although the shepherds hook was more of a depth perception issue than anything.

Any night that renders the chopper unusable with out substantial repair is a good night.

Until the next crash,

-JbJ

3 comments:

Keith K. said...

Jim, I was at Hub Hobby yesterday, they have the beefier landing gear (for Blade CP but they are a direct replacement for the HBFP), and they have the large drive gear too I believe. Get thee down there straight away!

Unknown said...

You should have Keith make all your replacement parts. Right Keith, right?

Jim said...

I ran to hub yesterday, since I was right next to it, and I didn't see the gear you were talking about. Any how, I need it more than ever now. I took a serious dive yesterday. :( I will head to the hub by my house this weekend and see what I can find there.