Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Flight Chronicles - Parts are in

The heli is no longer grounded due to broken parts. I returned home today to find that sweet little brown package stuffed in the door full of little goodies. I even ordered a few extras, so hopefully if, err, when I break more, I have guessed correctly so I can be flying quickly after.

After replacing the pieces I gave it a quick hover test in the basement. All went well, no more darting left. It seems all of the simulation time I have been putting in has been helping as well. My hover seems much more stable on the heli now. As soon as I get some spare time and a good day I will record some video for all to see. I am going to try and wait for a calm day for this. Since I have experienced the great outdoors, I like flying there better. More room for error. Although with that comes more room for larger crashes.

That is all for now folks,

-JbJ

5 comments:

Keith K. said...

Excellent! Your training is coming along nicely.

Unknown said...

I'm really happy your parts came in.

Keith K. said...

Your blog has inspired me to get my bird in the air more often. I flew it last night and while I'm a bit rusty, it started coming back fairly quickly. Jock Kodimar shot some video and I'll post that tonight if I remember.

Jim said...

That is awsome, glad I inspired you to get out more. I have been out as much as possible. Every calm day I try to get through a battery or two. I have to admit, once you start flying outside, it is tough to fly inside any more. Even though I know it would be good for me. I will have to get some of my own video as well. I would have last night, but by the time I flew it was a little dark to record.

Keith K. said...

The unwashed masses demand content.