Tuesday, April 7, 2009

First a hop, then a skip, then...

...Floating through the air with the, well, wobbly wings and rough landings to please. But it sure felt good.

The bird is air worthy again, and up she was. The first flight since forever. I stopped by Hub hobby on a whim a few weeks ago, not expecting much, but finding a wonderful surprise, they had my heli chassis. I didn't hesitate, I grabbed it and ran. Yes, I could of ordered it months ago, but I didn't, so there.

I felt a little rusty, but it came back quick. I figured I would keep it simple on my first flight in forever so I just hovered a little bit. Besides, since I changed out the main chassis I need to shake out the loose parts. Turned out to be the landing gear. So eventually it was crash as usual.

Keep tuned, I will be updating with future flights.

Ready to resume the crash training,

-JbJ

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey good to hear you are up and running again.

Keith K. said...

Tears of joy streaming down my face.

Jim said...

YAY!!!

JetAviator7 said...

Getting back into the air is something like getting back on a bike after a long winter.

Just keep flying and it will all come rushing back. Slip on a good pair of RE aviator sunglasses to protect your eyes and tool around the sky.