Monday, April 13, 2009

Finally, a smooth hover

This weekend had multiple opportunities to get the bird out. Unfortunately, I only took advantage of one of them. Seems I am a little rusty at hovering, so I am mainly working on getting that going again. I noticed that the control seemed to lack after a few minutes, I think I need new batteries. I have also made another decision, the little copter is fun, but I think it is time to migrate up to a larger model. Am I ready for the extra control? No, but here is my reasoning. First; my heli is so light, that it gets thrown around at the smallest of breeze. Second; The fixed pitch is driving me nutz. It really limits the altitude control. You have to wait for the head to spin down before you start to lose altitude. Third; I just want to, and that in its own is good enough for me. I have plenty of other toys and bills to take care of, but I think I will try to up the priority level of this one.

O.K. enough heli talk, have stuff to do.

Laterz,

-JbJ

4 comments:

Keith K. said...

Update your blog Jim.

Keith K. said...

First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire.

Keith K. said...

Don't waste your time, Raul. Jim will never update this blog again because he hates freedom.

And he hates liberty.

Keith K. said...

Jabber is by Jim
But truth has flown far away
Lies flow like water